The student news site of Lake Forest Academy

The Spectator

Breaking News
  • February 15Enjoy the Long Weekend!

The Spectator

The Spectator

LFA’s diverse options for themed weekends

Photo by Courtesy of @lfa_housecup on instagram
Faculty dress up in costumes to scare students.

Halfway through fall, Halloween and the autumn leaves welcome us to the new season. In LFA, we are back with more exciting fall activities awaiting the students. Featuring the Atlass Haunted Hunt and the Field Escape Room, there are a lot more options for students who are tired out from school. Kevin Ingram, one of the faculty members who planned some of the events wanted to bring “excitement and the spooky atmosphere of Halloween to campus.” LFA features three weeks of October as the “October Vibe scale”, introducing levels from one to three. Level one, fall vibes only, includes DIY Fall mugs and corn mazes. Level two, the feeling of fall with some spookiness, featuring Halloween-themed movies and Atlass and Field haunted hunt. Lastly level three, “SCARE ME!” features the annual Dungeon and Doom Haunted House, one of the biggest haunted houses nationally. Can’t forget the Halloween-themed dress day on the 31st, too!

Emily Kalis, the Assistant DOS: residential life and campus life,  directs these weekend themes and she indeed wanted something really specific in order to make students interested. The theme she devised was Fall. Kalis wanted students to get “excited and encouraged to join activities, and even day students to join the residential life”. For her, Halloween means “a holiday where you can let loose, have fun, be creative, and not take yourself too seriously”. Following the previous two weeks, there is going to be the six flags fright fest and also the student council fall fest that is going to happen in the quad with each class playing games and music. 

Students who experienced some of the activities expressed positive opinions. 

Matthew Jun ‘26 expressed that “it was beyond expected and I can see a lot of effort was put into it”. He described the Haunted Hunt as a great opportunity to meet up with friends and see frightening ghosts scaring them. Also, there were house points if you got tickets so there was some competition, too. Moreover, the Field Haunted escape room was also impressive.

Anish Somu’ 24 said “It was scary”  and he “would like to go back again”. 

Compared to last year, LFA is back with more and diverse themed activities on campus. There are still a lot of weekends that are awaiting us and more excitement that is upon us. Kalis and our faculty are working hard to make residential life and students have the best experience in LFA with a bunch of themes and fun.