New baseball scoreboard in the soccer fields?

The new scoreboard is ready to use

Dieter Villegas, Staff Writer

Why is there a baseball scoreboard in the soccer fields? In September, a baseball scoreboard was placed in between the Varsity and Junior Varsity boys soccer fields at Lake Forest Academy. This is because they want to use the scoreboard for multiple things.

The baseball scoreboard was purchased by the Athletic Department at LFA this past summer to be used for several sports during the fall and spring seasons. During the fall it will be use to display the score of the boys Varsity soccer team or the JV or JVB when the varsity team is not playing. During the Varsity soccer games, the scoreboard is controlled by either Assistant Coach Jessica Gimble or Manager Natalie Nuñez.

“I have always walked out to the games, and if I’m late ‘I’m like what’s the score?’ To be able to have that makes it so much better,” said LFA’s Athletic Director, Mr. Darrin Madeley.

During the Varsity soccer games, the scoreboard is control by either Assistant Coach Jessica Gimble or Manager Natalie Nuñez.

The reason they decided to purchase a scoreboard without a clock was due to the fact that soccer scoreboards in the Illinois High School Association are not allowed to have timing and the officials do not want it because they want to have complete control of the time during the games. However, the display of the score is fine with the officials

Since the scoreboard is mounted on a moveable base it is going to be moved to the baseball and softball fields as well as the girls soccer field, when the spring season arrives.